Sunday, April 9, 2017

Early Spring 10 x 8 Landscape Oil Painting

Early Spring 10 x 8" landscape oil painting on panel
March can be a dreary month but fortunately I find that subtlety of colour in landscapes really appeals to me. The red barn adds a lot of vibrancy and interest to this painting. It's sitting next to a fairly neutral field that is waiting to come to life when warm weather arrives.

The dormant grass has a faint cast of green and is ready to burst forth with life when warm sunny spring days come.

I posted this on instagram but something was nagging at me until I added more colour and thicker paint to the field in the foreground. Now I'm happy. The thick paint and variances in the colour of the paint creates another layer of depth. At the same time the difference in colour is subtle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...